Learn how the different elements of the quality management system – eg, internal audit, data analysis – play a role in identifying and controlling risk. Learn best practices for managing your risks, as well as practical tools that apply to all phases of the risk management process. Included is a case example showing how high-level risk assessment can be integrated into management review.
As a result of completing this activity, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the role of different elements of the quality management system (QMS) in risk management.
- Recognize the role of quality culture in risk management.
- Recognize common tools and methodologies used in risk management.
- Recognize best practices in risk management.
- Recognize how to meet the requirements of ISO 15189 regarding risk management.
Laboratory leadership, managers, supervisors, quality manager, and others with responsibility for managing risks and directing quality management system activities
Duration: 4 hours
Availability: January 1, 2023 - December 31, 2024
- After purchase, there is one year to log in / register into this activity.
- To ensure you receive continuing education (CE) credit, the activity must be completed and credits claimed by the posted activity expiration date.
- More than one year after the purchase date, participants will no longer be able to register.
- Delivered online via interface that allows participants to learn at their own pace.
- Device-responsive – learners can access the courses with device-responsive software that works for smart phones, tablets, or laptops.
- Individual learners can use their own login and will have their own bookmarking when they leave and return to the course.
Sample Course Content (PDF)