This course provides guidance on how to go beyond a quality plan to develop a manual that organizes and communicates your laboratory’s quality management system.
You will see an example of an effectively structured and written manual so you can organize and create your own.
Plus, the CAP’s ISO 15189 assessors show you approaches to link your quality policy to quality objectives and metrics.
As a result of completing this activity, participants will be able to:
- Identify the audiences and purposes of a quality manual.
- Identify the necessary elements of a quality manual.
- Describe possible structures of quality manuals.
- Develop a quality manual.
- Align quality policy, quality objectives, and quality metrics.
Laboratory quality managers who will develop and maintain the quality manual, as well as medical and administrative leaders who are responsible for quality management system design, documentation, communication, and education
Duration: 2 hours
Availability: January 1, 2022 - December 31, 2023
- After purchase, there is one year to log in / register into this activity.
- To ensure you receive continuing education (CE) credit, the activity must be completed and credits claimed by the posted activity expiration date.
- More than one year after the purchase date, participants will no longer be able to register.
- Delivered online via interface that allows participants to learn at their own pace.
- Device-responsive – learners can access the courses with device-responsive software that works for smart phones, tablets, or laptops.
- Individual learners can use their own login and will have their own bookmarking when they leave and return to the course.
Sample Course Content (PDF)