This “how-to” course on document control systems details how to control documents in a way that meets ISO 15189 requirements, how to accomplish document control even with minimal resources (such as spreadsheets), and how document control contributes to cost containment.
Audio recordings of the CAP’s ISO 15189 assessors provide examples and commentary on common pitfalls and issues.
As a result of completing this activity, participants will be able to:
- Recognize ways in which document control contributes to cost containment and patient care.
- Recognize phases in document lifecycle and associated best practices and pitfalls.
- Recognize how to achieve document control with simple/inexpensive tools as well as sophisticated tools.
Laboratory quality managers who will design, implement, and maintain a document control system, supervisors, as well as medical and administrative leaders who are responsible for document control oversight
Duration: 2 hours
Availability: January 1, 2021 - December 31, 2022
- After purchase, there is one year to log in / register into this activity.
- To ensure you receive continuing education (CE) credit, the activity must be completed and credits claimed by the posted activity expiration date.
- More than one year after the purchase date, participants will no longer be able to register.
- Delivered online via interface that allows participants to learn at their own pace.
- Device-responsive – learners can access the courses with device-responsive software that works for smart phones, tablets, or laptops.
- Individual learners can use their own login and will have their own bookmarking when they leave and return to the course.
Sample Course Content (PDF)